The Database Administration Team is continually pushing the boundaries to ensure that all areas of the business are fully supported. We are a team that support, create, develop and improve and are proud to be a key area responsible for the management of data resources in a leading banking firm. We are constantly challenging traditional ways of thinking and looking for new ways to help our customers, this approach is reflected in our exceptional people. We are a motivated team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work and possess the enthusiasm and aim to make things happen.
If you are looking to move your career ahead within Database Administration then this leading banking organisation UK Database Administration could be the choice for you. You will do Database Administration & support in a complex high availability environment, including implementation, production support, performance monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery, upgrades, patching and data migration. The Database Administrators liaise with Technology and Engineering UK colleagues as well as IT colleagues in other countries to produce and support databases to support all aspects of the bank. We strive to use new database tools and features, and automate tasks wherever possible.
What we’re looking for
- Have experience in Database Administration.
- Be strong in Neo4J and ideally have knowledge of at least one of these database technologies – Mongo, Mysql, Nuodb, Oracle, Postgresql, Redis, UDB, Sql Server.
- Be passionate about all aspects of Database Administration.
- Have strong communications skills to deliver clear descriptions to both senior and to junior colleagues.
- Be able to listen to and to question both senior and junior colleagues.
- Be effective in a team environment and be willing to contribute to collective targets, collaborating with other IT colleagues to achieve successful delivery of projects and changes.
- Have strong organisation and planning skills to manage multiple tasks so that promises are delivered.
- Have a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude with a strong sense of initiative with the ability to learn fast and deal calmly with situations under pressure.
- Support colleagues in functional areas where colleagues are not experts.
- Be able to join the on-call rotas with on-site work in Milton Keynes and work out-of-hours.
What’s on Offer?
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend ‘Meet Ups’ and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that’s dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Minimum of 26 days holiday per year in addition to public bank holidays and you can buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year with our ‘Flexi Holidays’ scheme.
- You’ll get 5 paid ‘Selfie Days’ per year (4 days for your personal development and 1 day to support the community)
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family and Dental insurance
- Access to onsite gyms and discounted gym memberships
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Oliver Peters’ are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.